Triticum Turgidum

Lying Dormant and Waiting to Bloom Since 2005

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Prairie, Illinois, United States

I am a beauty-loving ambidextrous higher-order primate who learned transcendental meditation at 7, statistical analysis at 23, tap dancing at 30, and piano at 35. I tolerate gluten, lactose, and differences of opinion, but not abuse. Or beets.

Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Welcome

Welcome to my blog, Yelling Fire in a Crowded Theater. What is more dangerous, unprotected speech or unprotected sex? You be the judge.

More to come as I figure this whole blogging thing out...

3 Comments:

Blogger mireille said...

oh good, you're with US now!

4:18 PM, April 27, 2005  
Blogger BarbaraFromCalifornia said...

I am so happy to have the delightful K. join the world of blogging. Wow, what a question!

Both have dramatic consequences to say the least. Considering that free speech is protected by the United States Constitution, it is a fundamental right guarenteed to everyone in this country (theoritically, or course.) Not all speech is protected free speech, such as certain types of ponorgraphy, as Justice Potter Stewart defined it, "I know it when I see it," or certain types of speech designed to solicit hate against individuals.

Unprotected sex, may have terrible consequences for individuals, particularly women in that it can result in pregnancy or diseases.

On balance, however, I would have to say that the inability to speech freely would result in the loss of a greater right to the individual, especially from a long term perspective.

That being said, I would still make sure to have protected sex if the situation arose.

9:38 PM, April 27, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Unprotected sex.
And with proper unprotected speech...we can talk about that.

I don't worry so much about people who are "speaking out" or expressing themselves in, what even I might personally consider, inappropriate ways.
It's in the silence...that's where the real danger lurks.

You *know* how it is.
We've all been in a designated quiet zone, a strictly-run classroom, a church,,, and what do we long to do?
*yell something!*

Quelling our voices goes against what's healthy and natural.

You expected something else from one born in the '60s?
;^D

5:07 PM, April 30, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home