Triticum Turgidum

Lying Dormant and Waiting to Bloom Since 2005

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Prairie, Illinois, United States

I am a beauty-loving ambidextrous higher-order primate who learned transcendental meditation at 7, statistical analysis at 23, tap dancing at 30, and piano at 35. I tolerate gluten, lactose, and differences of opinion, but not abuse. Or beets.

Sunday, May 22, 2005

Annick Goutal Online

Hello perfume lovers! I'm back with a little tip for those who appreciate Annick Goutal scents. I found a site where you can get them cheapity-cheap-cheap. We're talking 100ml EDTs for $95 and 100ml parfums for $98.

Annick Goutal has her detractors but I find three of her scents to be absolutely sublime: Les Nuits d'Hadrien (woods and oriental spices mixed with candied lemon peel), Ce Soir ou Jamais (heartstopping gorgeous dewy rose), and Sables (haunting smoky maple scent of immortelle blossoms). Sables in particular is practically impossible to find online for less than $150, and bricks-and-mortar stores that carry the complete AG line rarely stock it. This link will take you to all three of these scents plus many others.

I phoned the store to talk to the owner after I placed my online order (I like to do that sometimes) and she was absolutely delightful. I told her I would be traveling this week and she upgraded my shipping for free so my items would arrive before I leave. ItemSSSSSSSS, you say? Yes, my other acquisition is this Ivan Grundahl dress.

In the event that the picture screws up your eyes as it did mine, I should tell you that the bottom right corner of the picture depicts a rug. The camouflage is part of the dress, laid over the rug. I suppose they had to spread it out on the floor so you can see the cut of the dress.

I love asymmetrical dresses because they hang well on my asymmetrical frame and harmonize nicely with my asymmetrical thought patterns.

Happy shopping!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Morning, K.
Pretty bottle.
My first intro to AG was in the downtown San Fran Nordstrom. They used to have a small AG Boutique next to the perfume area. It was a sight to behold. So many gorgeous bottles and smells. Their scents really did seem finer to me than many I had just been testing out at the other counters.
It was, for me, one of those memorable markers you remember in this study of ours.
:)

here's some bottles I found the other day I thought were lovely...
http://www.mmicallef.com/en/producte_en/leparfum_en/leparfum

11:01 AM, May 22, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i don't think that link worked...trying again...
http://www.mmicallef.com/en/producte_en/leparfum_en/leparfum_en.html

11:28 AM, May 22, 2005  
Blogger WinterWheat said...

Beautiful! Thanks H! Looks like that's the same Micallef that makes the Four Seasons fragrances in those beautiful square bottles with crystal branches on the front.

12:30 PM, May 22, 2005  
Blogger BarbaraFromCalifornia said...

Gorgous dress, K! I can so see you and your tall, slender self wearing this one.

And thank you for the purfume tip as well! That is quite a find you have there.

1:36 PM, May 22, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home