Triticum Turgidum

Lying Dormant and Waiting to Bloom Since 2005

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Prairie, Illinois, United States

I am a beauty-loving ambidextrous higher-order primate who learned transcendental meditation at 7, statistical analysis at 23, tap dancing at 30, and piano at 35. I tolerate gluten, lactose, and differences of opinion, but not abuse. Or beets.

Saturday, February 11, 2006

Preg Pics for Barbara

Barbara at Women on the Verge of Thinking has been hounding me to post pregnancy pictures. Given what a sad week she's had (plus the fact that I'm due to deliver any day now), I decided it was finally time to do so. The teensy amount of satisfaction these pictures give her is more important than my vanity.

Of course, taking the pictures was the first step. We did that last night while celebrating G's birthday. I'm inordinately proud of the cake I made from scratch: a pineapple-coconut number with four layers separated by Italian meringue frosting and crushed macadamia nuts, spackled with coconut. It doesn't look impressive in the picture, but let me tell you, it was, especially with Haagen Dazs pineapple and coconut ice cream.

(A word to those who've grown accustomed to seeing me with blond hair: I darkened it with a semipermanent shine-sealant wood stain type of product last summer and have kept it dark since. It's been a fun change. I can wear red lipstick now without looking all tarty.)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

awe Kris I am so proud of you one for finding the new blush giggles. Second for making the last nine months sticking to the rotten diet and taking the blood sugars x times daily . YOU MADE IT !!!! All my very best wishes to you for all the effort and care you took for this baby ,may she know how blessed she is to have you for a Mother....LOVE Katie

5:42 AM, February 12, 2006  
Blogger WinterWheat said...

Katie, you are the greatest. Thank your for the undeserved yet VERY appreciated compliments! :-)

6:01 PM, February 12, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home