Triticum Turgidum

Lying Dormant and Waiting to Bloom Since 2005

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Prairie, Illinois, United States

I am a beauty-loving ambidextrous higher-order primate who learned transcendental meditation at 7, statistical analysis at 23, tap dancing at 30, and piano at 35. I tolerate gluten, lactose, and differences of opinion, but not abuse. Or beets.

Saturday, August 13, 2005

I Want These Boots

These are too. much. fun. A boot designed to look like a sandal over a sock! *squeal*

I love Robert Clergerie shoes. I bought my first (okay, only) pair in the 1980s at a thrift store in the Detroit area. They cost me about $10. They were yellow suede. I remember my mother telling me that Clergerie shoes have a steel shank that runs from the front of the shoe all the way through the heel, so the heel will never break off. Quality!

And how can you not love a man whose name is pronounced row-BARE?

Thank you, zappos.com, for selling Clergerie shoes, many of them at a discount. These particular boots are still out of my league, but I'll swoop in like a hawk the minute they're reduced. This is the beauty of Internet shopping.

3 Comments:

Blogger BarbaraFromCalifornia said...

Row-bare definitely has a unique ring to it!

But I cannot imagine being pregnant and standing, sitting or shuffeling in these babies for any length of time.

But the concept is orignial.

Hope you are well, K.
xox
b

5:14 PM, August 13, 2005  
Blogger WinterWheat said...

Er, good point. That makes me feel better about being unwilling (and unable) to shell out over $600 for them.

9:23 AM, August 14, 2005  
Blogger Parisjasmal said...

These scare the hell out of me. They remind me of the fashion (socks and sandals) at one of my Oklahoma family reunions!

10:19 AM, September 15, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home