Triticum Turgidum

Lying Dormant and Waiting to Bloom Since 2005

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Prairie, Illinois, United States

I am a beauty-loving ambidextrous higher-order primate who learned transcendental meditation at 7, statistical analysis at 23, tap dancing at 30, and piano at 35. I tolerate gluten, lactose, and differences of opinion, but not abuse. Or beets.

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

First in a Series: Overheard Student Comments

Every day after lunch I have to walk for 20 minutes to keep my blood sugar in check. Doctor's orders. Because my building is located on the quad, I've taken to walking twice around the long rectangle of grass, trees, sidewalks, and buildings that comprised my university during its infancy.

I could find a place to walk indoors, but I enjoy knowing that the blaring prairie sun will help darken my already-impressive, pregnancy-induced upper-lip chloasma mustache. Also, walking outside allows me to overhear student conversations.

Today's Overheard Student Comment:

"Celtic myth rocks."
(female to female)

6 Comments:

Blogger Kate said...

:-)

A student came up to ask me a reference question today wearing a T-Shirt that said: "Bored of Education". I was irked. I didn't show it, I just answered her question. But it irked me.

I'm getting old.

6:31 PM, September 21, 2005  
Blogger WinterWheat said...

LOL! It's a funny pun but I would have been irked too. Just wait until she has to hold down a job and pay a mortgage. Life as a student won't seem so boring then. :-)

7:56 PM, September 22, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Kris!

Have you checked out the site www.overheardinnewyork.com?

Hours of entertainment.

xox
Ange

8:43 PM, September 22, 2005  
Blogger cjblue said...

Yeah, but...celtic myth kinda *does* rock!

Hope you're feeling good these days, K!

R

10:53 AM, September 23, 2005  
Blogger Sand said...

That sounds like a cool band name or a line of Celtic Mythological Jewelry!

12:32 PM, September 23, 2005  
Blogger BarbaraFromCalifornia said...

Sounds like double the pleasure, double the fun!

Glad to hear you have not lost your amazing sense of humor, K!

4:10 PM, September 24, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home