Triticum Turgidum

Lying Dormant and Waiting to Bloom Since 2005

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Prairie, Illinois, United States

I am a beauty-loving ambidextrous higher-order primate who learned transcendental meditation at 7, statistical analysis at 23, tap dancing at 30, and piano at 35. I tolerate gluten, lactose, and differences of opinion, but not abuse. Or beets.

Thursday, May 25, 2006

Happy Name Day, Violet!

Today's my daughter's name day. In the Czech Republic, every day of the year is associated with a name. Citizens get to celebrate name days along with birthdays; it's customary to give someone a small gift on his or her name day.

Today's name is the Czech equivalent of Violet: Viola, Violka, Fialka, etc. If you know anyone named Violet or some variant thereof, give her a treat today and honor her by wearing your favorite violet perfume.

May 25 2006 also happens to be Fialka's first birthday, if you hold to the idea that life begins at conception. I myself do, though I still believe (more strongly than ever, in fact) in women's right to safe elective termination, a.k.a. abortion.

But enough about that. Off to spritz on some Caron Aimez-Moi.

Happy Violet Day!

Aimez-Moi contains notes of bergamot, anise, mint, cardamom, violet, magnolia, jasmine, rose, orris, heliotrope, tolu, and vanilla.

3 Comments:

Blogger mireille said...

I hope you had a wonderful Name Day, little Fi. xoxo

3:56 PM, May 25, 2006  
Blogger WinterWheat said...

R -- thank you! Always great to hear your "voice." You know Marina has a name day too? Look it up at the link!

M -- I wish you'd allow posts on your blog (though I understand why you don't allow it). I've wanted to post SO MANY times in the past few weeks, or at least email you, but I don't have your email address... :-(

4:52 PM, May 25, 2006  
Blogger Kyahgirl said...

Happy Name day to little Fi :-)

I hope you are well K.

12:24 PM, May 28, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home