Triticum Turgidum

Lying Dormant and Waiting to Bloom Since 2005

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Prairie, Illinois, United States

I am a beauty-loving ambidextrous higher-order primate who learned transcendental meditation at 7, statistical analysis at 23, tap dancing at 30, and piano at 35. I tolerate gluten, lactose, and differences of opinion, but not abuse. Or beets.

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Oops

Happy Halloween everyone! I celebrated by wearing a fake, bloody, embedded-looking hatchet strapped to my forehead. That alone wasn't particularly remarkable, but the fact that I opted to wear it into a childcare facility was. Or so they told me, mouths downturned and faces aflush. (The adults, not the kids. None of the kids saw me. Well, the infants did, but any infant who knows what a hatchet and blood are and can recognize their symbolic representation in rubber and plastic has got bigger problems than what I'm wearing on my head. Right?)

Anyway, now I'm all worried about wearing the thing tonight. I wanted to let G take F around the neighborhood in her Wonder Woman costume while I answer the door and dole out candy wearing my hatchet. Now I'm afraid I'll get sued for scaring someone's kid.

Halloween used to be so much more fun when all we worried about were needles buried in popcorn balls.

Today's scent: Etro Messe de Minuit, of course.

3 Comments:

Blogger Parisjasmal said...

UGH--People always have to suck the life out of everything fun! Next year strap a copy of your mortgage/car payment/property taxes on your head. The children should be much more afraid of those things because they are a reality. Big bloody hatchets in the forehead are the easy way out and are rarely a real threat.

I cannot wait for pics of little Fi as Wonder Woman!

7:35 AM, November 02, 2006  
Blogger WinterWheat said...

J -- you are a hoot. :-)

I tried posting a pic of Miss F as WW but stupid blogger won't let me. It seems I can post some pics but not others. Will keep trying but I'm not optimistic...

9:56 AM, November 02, 2006  
Blogger PFG said...

I wonder if it would have been better had you dressed up as "slutty nurse", "trampy pirate lady", or "sexy black cat"? Those seem to be more socially acceptable costumes if one were to judge by prevalence alone.

10:25 PM, November 06, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home