Triticum Turgidum

Lying Dormant and Waiting to Bloom Since 2005

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Prairie, Illinois, United States

I am a beauty-loving ambidextrous higher-order primate who learned transcendental meditation at 7, statistical analysis at 23, tap dancing at 30, and piano at 35. I tolerate gluten, lactose, and differences of opinion, but not abuse. Or beets.

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Can't Wait for Halloween!

Halloween is by far my favorite holiday. Chalk it up to a lifetime of candy worship. Now that I have a daughter I am all atremble with anticipation. I spent the past week pondering costume options, and finally settled on this:


Yes, Wonder Woman. (Are you listening, Atreau?) The kid in the picture isn't mine, by the way; she's the model whose photo was paired with the etailer's description of the costume, which I found completely irresistible:

"Wonder Woman has her origins as Diana, daughter of Queen Hippolyta of the Amazons. The Amazons are a group of immortal warrior women. They live on the hidden island named Paradise Island. Wonder Woman entered a personal combat contest and won. The prize she was awarded was to be an Ambassador to the outside world and become a Super Hero. Now you can be a Super Hero too in your Wonder Woman Costume!"

*squeal!*

At 28 inches long, Fia is at the 99th percentile for height, which I think makes her an honorary descendant of the Amazons. Add to that the fact that her mommy is an outspoken feminist and her daddy flies a plane (albeit a visible one), and you'll see with perfect clarity, just as I did, that Wonder Woman is the ONLY Halloween costume for my girl.

6 Comments:

Blogger Parisjasmal said...

Too damn cute!

Fi will be the cutest Wonder Woman on the prairie!

G really flies planes?
Do the talents of your family cease to end?

You guys rock!

xo

1:27 PM, August 30, 2006  
Blogger WinterWheat said...

LOL! Yeah, he does. He got his pilot's license while we were dating. Just like Angelina Jolie. *rolls eyes*

2:25 PM, August 30, 2006  
Blogger mireille said...

I can't wait for the pictures. And she IS tall, isn't she? I like that in a baby. xoxo

7:20 PM, September 02, 2006  
Blogger Sand said...

She totally has to be WW! I have to find my WW pictures from childhood, there are the Halloween ones and the underroos. I was a tall child and ended up being a rather short adult.

You guys are like the Jolie-Pitts without the fame and drama!

Do you think that G would want this: Orga-Knee-Zer ?

I won one this year and have no use for it, will gladly sent it to you.

AtreauTX@yahoo.com

1:15 PM, September 05, 2006  
Blogger Sand said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:16 PM, September 05, 2006  
Blogger Sand said...

Ugh, messed up on the link!

Here's the website:
www.orga-knee-zer.com

1:18 PM, September 05, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home