Triticum Turgidum

Lying Dormant and Waiting to Bloom Since 2005

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Prairie, Illinois, United States

I am a beauty-loving ambidextrous higher-order primate who learned transcendental meditation at 7, statistical analysis at 23, tap dancing at 30, and piano at 35. I tolerate gluten, lactose, and differences of opinion, but not abuse. Or beets.

Monday, August 21, 2006

Change of Venue

Hi everyone! I apologize for the inconvenience associated with my blog address change.

The old address was no longer suitable for two reasons. First, I was protecting my speech way too much to continue pretending that my blog was "uncensored." It had become UBERcensored. Second, the reason for the ubercensorship: my mom had found my site.

Some of you figured this out from the anonymous comment in response to my WTF? post. According to one of my brothers, it wasn't my mom who posted that, it was one of her employees. My mother tells everyone who will listen about what a vile person her daughter is (the term she always used with me was subhuman), so it's only natural that her pals wish to see me harmed too. The irony is that this particular pal was embezzling from my mom the whole time she (the pal) was professing her loyalty. Twelve thousand dollars. Spent, of course, with no chance for reclamation. According to my dad, when my mom found out, Embezzler pulled a parasuicide (that's like a halfhearted suicide attempt designed to elicit pity). Did I mention that Embezzler is my other brother's girlfriend? And that her parasuicide took place in the house she shares with my brother, who had the pleasure of finding her? And that my mom had pre-signed her checks and left Embezzler in charge of the books? My mom's no fool. But when you've decided that Victim is your identity, you have to find subtle ways to keep setting yourself up to be victimized.

Sound outrageous? It is. It's why I moved to another state, and why I moved my blog address. I'm sorry that my dad, a perfectly decent person, no longer has access to my blog, but I can send him the baby pics by email.

For more information, view Mommie Dearest or check out this site on borderline personality disorder.

About the blog, unfortunately I lost a lot of my settings, including my profile and favorite blogger links, when I changed templates. I promise to rebuild (better, stronger, faster) when I get a chance. This week is tough because I go back to work full time. Thanks for your patience.

6 Comments:

Blogger Bela said...

Hmm... I always thought my relationship with my mother hadn't been very good; I can see it could have been worse. Glad you've managed to get out of her reach again. :-)

9:24 PM, August 21, 2006  
Blogger PFG said...

You have just experienced one of the newer milestones in adulthood. It's more of a rarity for those of us over 30, but there you have it. I've updated your link on my blog, and it's not an inconvenience (ok so some in post links might not work, but it's a small price to pay to keep your blog mom and ubercensorship free).

12:35 AM, August 22, 2006  
Blogger Parisjasmal said...

I empathize, smypathize and TOTALLY understand.

It sucks.

Big hugs to you.

7:11 PM, August 22, 2006  
Blogger Parisjasmal said...

make that sympathize--I do like smypathazie though.

7:12 PM, August 22, 2006  
Blogger Parisjasmal said...

smypathize--not smypathazie.
God, I give up.

7:12 PM, August 22, 2006  
Blogger BarbaraFromCalifornia said...

Hi Kris,

Thank you for this new link here. Glad to see that you are still around in blogstville, and as usual, love the new picture of Fi.

Will be in contact more when the jet lag wears off.

As far as the change of name, being a new mother is such an life changing experience, as I see you are finding out. There is more to be revealed. And I agree with Jen, no matter what you call it.

Fi is beautiiful!

11:50 PM, August 22, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home