Triticum Turgidum

Lying Dormant and Waiting to Bloom Since 2005

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Prairie, Illinois, United States

I am a beauty-loving ambidextrous higher-order primate who learned transcendental meditation at 7, statistical analysis at 23, tap dancing at 30, and piano at 35. I tolerate gluten, lactose, and differences of opinion, but not abuse. Or beets.

Friday, July 21, 2006

Dreams

I do my most creative work at night. I've composed songs, written screenplays, and invented new extreme sports, all in my dreams.

The other night I dreamt that I was opening a knitting store in New York. This would be my logo:
If I ever do open a knitting store -- doubtful because all I can knit are scarves -- it had better be in New York. Otherwise it's back to the drawing board.

5 Comments:

Blogger WinterWheat said...

R -- you know, when I chose the color for the NY in the middle, I was thinking of the gorgeous blue blanket you made for Fia. :-)

11:50 AM, July 21, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL! Now you make sure nobody steals that logo!
Ina/perfumer

11:57 AM, July 21, 2006  
Blogger katiedid said...

Holy crap, K - that is friggin' brilliant! Good name, good look. Sheesh. You NEED to open that store, just so that logo gets used. If I ever brand anything I'm coming to you as my consultant ;)

8:51 PM, July 21, 2006  
Blogger BarbaraFromCalifornia said...

Actually, K, I could see you as a knitter! Wonder what it all means.

Dreams can indeed have such a powerful impact upon us. The other night, I had a dream I was in trial for 11 hours without a break, and my leg was stiff. When I woke up, my leg had fallen to sleep! Wonder what it all means.

3:35 PM, July 22, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooh la la...sounds great! I'd buy some scarves from ya!

You could expand your KNYT store to become a New York based competitor to Jo Ann Fabrics or another big retail chain that sells knits and other fabrics.

Have you watched any of Heidi Klum's "Project Runway" on Bravo? She is *almost* as annoying as Tyra in America's.Next.Top.Model. But I wouldn't be surprised if one of the contestants on the show were to read your blog and grab your idea to start their own business!

Very clever design and logo - love it!

7:29 AM, July 24, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home