Triticum Turgidum

Lying Dormant and Waiting to Bloom Since 2005

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Prairie, Illinois, United States

I am a beauty-loving ambidextrous higher-order primate who learned transcendental meditation at 7, statistical analysis at 23, tap dancing at 30, and piano at 35. I tolerate gluten, lactose, and differences of opinion, but not abuse. Or beets.

Friday, June 16, 2006

In Honor of the Upcoming Tweekend

I realize there's nothing more twee than pairing pictures of babies with adult captions or dialogue, as illustrated by this poster:

But I just can't help myself.

Fi and her friend Josie happened to be wearing the same Old Navy onesie, so we were forced to take some pictures. This is the one I keep sending to my friends:


They look like two old ladies watching something off-color on TV. Josie is the jolly type who laughs at dirty jokes and enjoys a glass of sherry at 4:00pm. Fi is the prim type who gets her hair set once a week and is mildly shocked yet secretly captivated by what passes for TV entertainment these days.

In this one, Fi is a journalist asking penetrating questions that Josie, her subject, is attempting to dodge:


Here they're riding a rollercoaster:


And here they're channeling Cheech and Chong:

6 Comments:

Blogger WinterWheat said...

Hey R! Yeah, I think they're the big new product of 2005. The reason is that you can sit a reeeeaaaaally young baby upright in one -- as early as 8 weeks or so, as soon as they can hold their heads up. It's the way the thing is structured, with a back-sloping seat and support all around. They can't get out or fall out. So parents of infants with reflux love them, as well as people who want to start feeding solid foods to a baby who can't yet support herself in a high chair. I've even seen people bring them to restaurants! They also have therapeutic uses (see www.bumboseat.com) because they encourage good posture (except in my kid, see below). My friends with babies born before 2005 are all ticked off that they never had one. (I'm pretty sure they were invented in 2005; I know it was recent.)

11:06 AM, June 16, 2006  
Blogger katiedid said...

Oh! That poster - I grew up seeing it all the fricking time in South Dakota! Well, it is farm country, and it's sentimental enough that of course it was hung everywhere. Especially in the little diners in the little towns.

Two grand dames there.

My first thought was this duo is ideal for movie reviewing! One can have the highbrow tastes and only approve arty films, while the other can give thumbs up to any movie featuring big explosions and big boobies. Hm. Maybe not thumbs up, as that may be a tricky maneuver still. How 'bout a pool of shirt drool for a good rating and a poo filled diaper for a bad one?

3:32 PM, June 16, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my God. I mean, yes, the cuteness, but secondly, I HOWLED. I honestly find this sort of thing HILARIOUS, and you've done it so well.

Fi as journalist is my favorite. Oh my god. This is honestly hysterical. I can't stop laughing - heaving sobs of laughter, complete with unattractive snarfs and sharp breath intakes that sound like a foghorn.

MY GOD. THIS IS HILARIOUS.

4:11 PM, June 16, 2006  
Blogger mireille said...

Yes! Fi as Murrow, with a look that says, "Could you possibly aske me a more stupid question?" She's got the look! xoxo

12:06 PM, June 18, 2006  
Blogger Parisjasmal said...

I vote for the roller coaster one!

They really DO look like they are on a roller coaster. My God they are both precious!

7:04 AM, June 20, 2006  
Blogger BarbaraFromCalifornia said...

Looks as if the ladies are learning to lunch early on in life!!!

5:28 PM, June 20, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home