Triticum Turgidum

Lying Dormant and Waiting to Bloom Since 2005

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Prairie, Illinois, United States

I am a beauty-loving ambidextrous higher-order primate who learned transcendental meditation at 7, statistical analysis at 23, tap dancing at 30, and piano at 35. I tolerate gluten, lactose, and differences of opinion, but not abuse. Or beets.

Monday, September 26, 2005

My New "Back to Obedience School" Duds

Hola, Cowgirl here. I live alone but keep two large monkeys as pets. Occasionally the female monkey will come home with clothes and jewelry for me. This time it's a green-and-blue necklace and a brown Gap sweater, size small, 100% cotton.

I like cotton 'cause it doesn't itch.

The female monkey seems excited these days because it's finally cool outside. She's even contemplating buying a new perfume for fall, l'Orientaliste Santal. She says it smells like no other sandalwood she's tried. She says it's the very essence of fall, all dry taupes and greys, like a walk in the woods in early November.

To me it smells like a romp in a just-raked pile of crispy brown leaves. I hope she hurries up and buys a bottle so I can rub my head in the mist that falls on the carpet after she sprays it on. I miss doing that.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ACK! So cute!!

Angie hates wearing clothes- but she wouldn't look nearly as adorable as Cowgirl!

xox
Ange

7:00 PM, September 26, 2005  
Blogger cjblue said...

Hey Cowgirl! Sounds like monkey mama is feeling a bit more herself these days and that makes me super happy. But...but...knowing what I know about our similar taste, now I have a sudden lemming *sigh.*

Love the necklace, dahling.

9:29 AM, September 27, 2005  
Blogger PFG said...

I can see that you are very comfortable with the camera Ms. Cowgirl. Would you like to tell us how you first began as a model? Had you signed up at an agency, or were you just simply "discovered" one day?

(I have images of a Zoolander-like photoshoot/interview in my head..."Le Tigre!" Except I'm sure Cowgirl's smarter than Zoolander)

10:13 AM, September 27, 2005  
Blogger Kyahgirl said...

Cowgirl, I love you. You sweet little pooch!!
*mwah*
(and smart too!)

Laura

2:08 PM, September 27, 2005  
Blogger katiedid said...

Such a sweetie to take care of your monkeys. And make sure to tell the female monkey thanks for the fun description of the Santal.

6:15 PM, September 27, 2005  
Blogger mireille said...

yum on the Santal. Glad you and the baby are getting your noses back. xoxo

8:13 PM, September 27, 2005  
Blogger Parisjasmal said...

Dearest Cowgirl,

I am glad Monkey Mama is doing well and still loving perfume.

As I like this picture of you just fine, I must admit that the silver talons were really working for you a few seasons ago. Stick with what works my friend.

xoxo
Jen

4:47 PM, September 29, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home