Triticum Turgidum

Lying Dormant and Waiting to Bloom Since 2005

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Prairie, Illinois, United States

I am a beauty-loving ambidextrous higher-order primate who learned transcendental meditation at 7, statistical analysis at 23, tap dancing at 30, and piano at 35. I tolerate gluten, lactose, and differences of opinion, but not abuse. Or beets.

Thursday, October 06, 2005

Yum

L'Orientaliste Musc.

Already a fan of the dry, autumnal scent of L'Orientaliste Santal, I ordered some samples of the other L'Orientaliste scents from www.beautyhabit.com. I like them all to some degree (the rose in particular is fresh and dewy), but my favorite by a long shot is the musk. It reminds me of Loves Baby Soft (don't laugh) matured by the earthy-spicy addition of the tiniest bit of patchouli. I love the mineral, fresh-dirt astringency of patchouli but find it hard to tolerate during pregnancy. The amount in L'Orientaliste Musc is so small that it took a few testings to recognize it. I've never been a big musk fan because I find most of them too soapy, but this one is just right: soft, slightly sweet, spicy, earthy, cozy, and clean (but not Mr. Clean clean, if you know what I mean). Perfect for fall.

Bonus: My better half loves it.

My bottle arrives in a few days. I only hope I can wear it without wanting to scrub it off in an hour as I have every other perfume I've attempted to wear since becoming pregnant. If not, well, I have something to look forward to after the baby comes. (I mean, besides the baby herself. *blush*)

4 Comments:

Blogger mireille said...

great review. especially the rose note. must try. xoxo

7:26 PM, October 06, 2005  
Blogger NowSmellThis said...

Oh dear. The musk does not appeal to me, but dry sandalwood sure does! Off to investigate...

9:47 AM, October 07, 2005  
Blogger Kyahgirl said...

Just a small word on her majesty's behalf, you might have to forgo fragrance for a little while after she's born. Little piggies like to root around and smell their mommies skin, milk, pheremones.
Its not much of a sacrifice in the grand scheme of things. Just posting about this makes me remember so fondly the many hours of piggies rooting around :-)

Nice review by the way.
L

12:30 PM, October 07, 2005  
Blogger BarbaraFromCalifornia said...

Sounds yummy, K...I miss your reviews...At least, you can re-discover an entirely new scent each and every month! How exciting is that?
xoxox
b

11:25 AM, October 08, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home