Triticum Turgidum

Lying Dormant and Waiting to Bloom Since 2005

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Prairie, Illinois, United States

I am a beauty-loving ambidextrous higher-order primate who learned transcendental meditation at 7, statistical analysis at 23, tap dancing at 30, and piano at 35. I tolerate gluten, lactose, and differences of opinion, but not abuse. Or beets.

Saturday, March 25, 2006

Many Thanks

I so appreciate the supportive comments in reaction to my last post that I think it's worth a full post in response, not just a quick thank-you tucked in the comments section.

So: thanks.

I have this tendency to internalize both real and imagined critics and to modify my behavior in anticipation of their criticism. In my experience, most of these critics have been women. So to read all these supportive comments from intelligent, funny women, women with integrity, means the world to me. Thank y'all for lovin' on me.

So, the picture: Here Fi is a little over 4 weeks old. Yesterday we visited the pediatrician's office. She's holding steady at the 99th percentile for height (er, length).

I'm having flashbacks of the Warner Brothers cartoon Goo Goo Goliath, the one with the giant baby who ends up wearing the Brown Derby restaurant sign on its huge toddling head while thundering down Wilshire Blvd.

We, however, have no drunken stork to blame. We're giants and we had a giant baby.

The funny thing is, she already outweighs the dog.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh she's precious! that face! that FACE! She does look petite :) She may be tall, but she's beautiful.

Just thinking of you and hope all is going well. It will all be wonderful, I know it.

9:27 PM, March 25, 2006  
Blogger Parisjasmal said...

She is gorgeous!!! And tall is good...the longer the legs...the smaller the butt. I know this well--I have short legs!

I hope you are feeling good.

Poor Cowgirl...being outdone at every turn.

xo
Jen

6:12 AM, March 27, 2006  
Blogger Bela said...

I'd like to be tall - just for a day. She will thank you for being giants. LOL!

10:16 PM, March 28, 2006  
Blogger cjblue said...

♥ you are loved.

There's some point at which I believe you're supposed to be able to estimate, fairly accurately, the adult height of your child.

IIRC, it was something like double their height at 2 yrs, 8 months. My older daughter is supposed to be somewhere between 6' & 6'2. We all suck at basketball, so don't even go there.

Your daughter is beautiful and has an excellent tall woman role model. She'll hate her height for a while around age 12-15, but will grow to appreciate it. It just takes a while for the attitude to develop up to the height.

Not only can I intimidate people with a mere glance, I can help old people get stuff off high shelves at the store. Us tall people serve a purpose.

XOXO
R

3:03 PM, March 30, 2006  
Blogger mireille said...

speaking as someone who skims 5' on a good day, I've got Fi-envy. She's beautiful; she'll be tall and beautiful! xoxo

8:59 PM, March 31, 2006  
Blogger BarbaraFromCalifornia said...

She is truly beautiful...And take it from a shorty here, tall people have an easier time in life.

May you have many blessings with her.

4:52 PM, April 01, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home