Triticum Turgidum

Lying Dormant and Waiting to Bloom Since 2005

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Prairie, Illinois, United States

I am a beauty-loving ambidextrous higher-order primate who learned transcendental meditation at 7, statistical analysis at 23, tap dancing at 30, and piano at 35. I tolerate gluten, lactose, and differences of opinion, but not abuse. Or beets.

Monday, December 19, 2005

Himself the Elf

This is my SO/spouse/DH/lo-vah (see this discussion at Slap of the Day for more amusing and annoying euphemisms). He reminds me of a giant elf with his pointy chin and twinkly eyes.

We were preparing for our yearly "Mardi Gras in November" party. I made him shuck his shirt for the photo, but he insisted on putting it back on for the party (rats). I think the hairy chest and pale skin make the picture, don't you?

The beads he's wearing feature road signs with dirty messages on them. My friend Maria bought them for me in New Orleans during an academic conference we were attending. She put them around my neck with a smile and we stood there talking to various colleagues, some of whom I wanted to impress, for almost an hour before I finally looked down and realized that my necklace said things like STOP AND BLOW and INTERCOURSE 69. Maria had a good laugh. I passed along the favor by making G-money wear them for the party.

Yes, we are the very definition of klassy. Keep an eye out for pictures of our newborn wearing the same beads (and no shirt).

10 Comments:

Blogger Kyahgirl said...

what a great photo K. He's a doll!!

10:16 AM, December 19, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah eye candy ...more more .Love a man in a apron ! Kiss Katie

4:09 PM, December 19, 2005  
Blogger mireille said...

Erm. What is the father of your child holding between his hands? Or do I really want to know? xoxo

8:13 PM, December 19, 2005  
Blogger NowSmellThis said...

K, you guys are one good looking couple.

Same sicko mind as M: what is he holding?

6:32 AM, December 20, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh dear me I came back for another look .
I do need to paint him.......Maybe in chocolate ....
What a yummy man you have Kris.

Giggles& drooling

Love Katie

Happy Holidays to both of you OX'S

7:44 AM, December 20, 2005  
Blogger WinterWheat said...

LOL at all of you! M & R, you dirty birds. Those are merely the apron strings. :-)

10:21 AM, December 20, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Could you guys be any cuter? I think the answer is no. You could not be cuter. I am now madly in love with both of you.

10:24 AM, December 20, 2005  
Blogger baconwrappedfriedchicken said...

Robin was right! G IS a fine specimen of the male species... HOT.

xox
Ange

12:31 AM, December 21, 2005  
Blogger cjblue said...

That picture is adorable, and you guys are an amazing couple.

Before our first daughter was born, I was planning birth announcements with pictures in them and S said to me "What if we have a really ugly baby?"

No worries with you and G.

10:03 AM, December 21, 2005  
Blogger Parisjasmal said...

ROFL Kris- you are hilarious. G has a good sense of humor.

I actually got to meet G--but drats he had a shirt on! HA

Hope you guys are doing great and hope you are feeling wonderful!

Happy Holidays to you and the fam!

Jen

11:20 AM, December 21, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home