Triticum Turgidum

Lying Dormant and Waiting to Bloom Since 2005

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Prairie, Illinois, United States

I am a beauty-loving ambidextrous higher-order primate who learned transcendental meditation at 7, statistical analysis at 23, tap dancing at 30, and piano at 35. I tolerate gluten, lactose, and differences of opinion, but not abuse. Or beets.

Friday, December 29, 2006

A Baby's First Xmas: A Photo Essay

Of course it was meaningless to her--as, well, frankly, it still is to me, bar the presents--but it was fun nonetheless to break out the digital Leica and capture the following moments:

We had just arrived at Fia's grandmother's house, fresh from a 6.5 hour drive. Someone was bowled over by the sight of a tree in the house.

Fia got to play with her equally weirdly named cousin, Siri (short for Sigrid). They were born 13 days apart. You could almost say they're identical cousins. Fia's the polite one with the faux Irish brogue.

Siri's the boisterous one who looks like she's on her third drink.

There were plenty of presents but none held the enchantment of seeing a cat for the first time.

Or of--okay, I was trying to come up with something funny but I couldn't think of anything that wouldn't sound syrupy in conjunction with this picture. I just wanted to post it because I like it. It's totally cheesy madonna-child imagery crap but--I like it. Anyway, I hope you and yours had a good Xmas-slash-Hanukkah-slash-Solstice-slash-whatever you celebrated (even if it was only a few days off work).

6 Comments:

Blogger PFG said...

I love the picture of her looking out the window. What a wonderful expression.

5:31 PM, December 30, 2006  
Blogger Bela said...

Happy New Year!

Lovely pics. :-)

itcakei? Yes, please.

11:39 AM, January 01, 2007  
Blogger PFG said...

Hey lady,
I've been tagged, and now so have you.

11:55 AM, January 02, 2007  
Blogger Jonniker said...

I love all of the pictures, and yes, this is my third visit, because I keep trying to make them bigger! Oh, she's adorable! (And you're gorgeous!)

9:53 AM, January 03, 2007  
Blogger WinterWheat said...

Oh my goodness, J, I didn't deserve that (but thank you)!

:-D

11:44 AM, January 04, 2007  
Blogger Parisjasmal said...

So precious!
And please K--you do deserve it..you are gorgeous!!!!

9:22 PM, January 04, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home