Triticum Turgidum

Lying Dormant and Waiting to Bloom Since 2005

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Prairie, Illinois, United States

I am a beauty-loving ambidextrous higher-order primate who learned transcendental meditation at 7, statistical analysis at 23, tap dancing at 30, and piano at 35. I tolerate gluten, lactose, and differences of opinion, but not abuse. Or beets.

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Tagged!

PFG tagged me, the dirty minx.

Okay, then, here are my fours:

FOUR jobs I have had:
1. Subway sandwich "artist" (fired for talking back to customer)
2. On-air "talent" at a community access television station (left after graduation)
3. Ride operator at a Renaissance fair(e) (job ended when the fair[e] was over)
4. Personal assistant to a megalomaniacal organizational communication consultant (quit)

FOUR movies I could watch over and over:
1. The Shining
2. Harold and Maude
3. Dog Day Afternoon
4. Koyaanisqatsi

FOUR places I have lived apart from where I live now:
1. Detroit, MI
2. Grosse Ile, MI (an island at the mouth of Lake Erie, 'tween the U.S. and Canada)
3. Ann Arbor, MI
4. Madison, WI

FOUR TV shows that I love:
1. America's Next Top Model (like crack, and I'm not embarrassed to say so)
2. Twilight Zone reruns
3. The Star Hustler (now called Star Gazer to keep web-surfing kids from hitting the wrong sites)
4. Unwrapped

FOUR places I have been on holiday:
1. Paris
2. London
3. St. John, USVI
4. New Orleans

FOUR websites I visit daily:
1. Go Fug Yourself
2. Now Smell This
3. Marlys Magazine
4. New York Times

FOUR favorite foods:
1. Japanese (all kinds)
2. Cheese (all kinds)
3. Mediterranean/Middle Eastern (all kinds)
4. A brownie (NO NUTS) with vanilla ice cream

FOUR places I would rather be right now:
1. In bed asleep
2. In bed asleep
3. In bed asleep
4. In bed asleep (I have a 10-month-old)

FOUR people I am tagging:
1. B
2. K
3. J
4. J

5 Comments:

Blogger BarbaraFromCalifornia said...

My pleasure, K:

FOUR jobs I have had:
1. Receiptionist at a Synagogue
2. Sales person at Tower Classical Records on Sunset Blvd. (great job, and I spent all my money.
3. Sales person at Bullocks
4. Lawyer


FOUR movies I could watch over and over:
1. The Thorn Birds
2. The Heart is a Lonely Hunter.
3. Borat
4. Last Tango in Paris

FOUR places I have lived apart from where I live now:

All are in California:

1. Boyle Heights
2. Monterey Park
3. Santa Monica
4. Alhambra

FOUR TV shows that I love:
1. Curb Your Enthusiasm
2. Law and Order
3. The Beverly Hillbillies
4. Sea Hunt

FOUR places I have been on holiday:
1. Paris
2. Israel, Jerusalem and Tel Aviv
3. Prague
4. Savannah, Georgia

FOUR websites I visit daily:
1. jpost.
2. thekotel (engish version)
3. NYTimes
4. My blog (most days)

FOUR favorite foods:
1. Goat Cheese
2. Lox and Bagels
3. Kiska
4. Mexican burritos (bean and cheese)

FOUR places I would rather be right now:

1. Today, underground inside of a hole hybernating
2. Back in Jerusalem
3. At a concert listening to all Rachmaninoff music
4. Seeing the play, the Trial by Kafka

8:27 PM, January 03, 2007  
Blogger katiedid said...

Oh golly, if I can figure out how to photograph it without glare, I need to send you a pic of my favorite Lynda Barry comic. (I have it framed, so the glass does funny things with the flash. But I will figure it out!)

I wrote my responses... wish mine were half as exciting as yours. Ach, Prague, Paris and Israel! Lucky, lucky gal, you must have some great experiences from those places. And great pix, as well, I'd bet.

Law and Order is still good after all this time. Though the "Is this because I'm a lesbian" season ender from a couple seasons back was so hilarious I almost had to stop watching. Mmmm, Jesse Owens, mmmm... *drools* Are you a fan of the flanker series of shows, too?

I still haven't seen Borat, maybe when it's on DVD. I'm just not real excited about the character. I've seen Andy Kaufman's schtick; I've seen Yakov Smirnoff's; I dislike both. Borat seems to lie somewhere between the two for me, unfortunately.

1:33 AM, January 04, 2007  
Blogger Parisjasmal said...

skree! I have been tagged!!!
I feel so special.

I LOVE Harold and Maude too!
I will post mine on my blog after I finally get my next entry to post. Blogger does not love me.

I spent New Years in New Orleans, and I kept thinking of the photos you posted a few months back. I did not get to see that much of the devastation, but I remember being so moved by the photos you posted.

I hope you and the family had a great Holiday Season. As for me, I am so glad it is OVER!

Oh and I hope you are able to get some blissful sleep.
xo

6:12 AM, January 04, 2007  
Blogger cjblue said...

Koyaanisqatsi...

Several years ago, I was visiting our friend pfg in Michigan and we were over at another friend's house having drinks, munchies, whatever. Pfg swears her friend was a little intimidated by me and was trying to impress me with her musical erudition. Whatever it was, after a couple of joints or so (the "whatever," you might say), I couldn't handle the Philip Glass she had going on the stereo. And I, ah, kinda lost my cool. There is nothing worse, IMO, when one is stoned, than the feeling of time stretching on interminably. I said "WHAT IS THIS MINIMALIST CRAP?!?! PLEASE TURN IT OFF!"

I don't think it endeared me to said friend, but pfg loves telling the story. And she definitely tells it better than I do.

On another note, from a couple of posts ago...first, get the Richard Ferber book "Solving your child's sleep problems." I didn't get this book till my older DD was 2 1/2 years old and it changed our lives. For the better. Also very briefly, I don't think it's necessary to put on a happy face all the time. Your kids need to grow up knowing you are human and that you have emotions too. And as soon as you allow yourself to be yourself again, only maybe a little moderated (no complete breakdowns, that would freak them out)...you'll feel like yourself again. I think my kids were somewhere between their first and second year before I started being ME again, but you will get back to being YOU. For me, it was wearing jewelry again that put me on the other side, weird as it may sound.

Happy New Year and best wishes for a very Winterwheat 2007!

10:18 AM, January 04, 2007  
Blogger violetnoir said...

I love your lists, especially the sleep in bed one. :):)I have no excuse though...my kids are 17 and 10, yuck, yuck!

Happy New Year K to you, G and Fi!

Hugs!

11:23 AM, January 04, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home