Triticum Turgidum

Lying Dormant and Waiting to Bloom Since 2005

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Prairie, Illinois, United States

I am a beauty-loving ambidextrous higher-order primate who learned transcendental meditation at 7, statistical analysis at 23, tap dancing at 30, and piano at 35. I tolerate gluten, lactose, and differences of opinion, but not abuse. Or beets.

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

I am not making this up

Yesterday I had the sublime good fortune of driving home directly behind a pickup truck outfitted with fake police flashers, a "peeing Calvin" decal, and truck nuts. Red, to match the truck.

It had a vanity plate too, reading (brace yourself) YEHAW.

God bless America.

6 Comments:

Blogger Jamie said...

I was passed by a similar truck recently, but in downtown Chicago, which I found odd. But it was being driven by a balding, overly muscular, tank-topped man...and the truck nuts were fleshtone.

(gag)

5:34 PM, May 23, 2007  
Blogger Jonniker said...

Oh they are EVERYWHERE down here, K. EVERYWHERE. Blue is the most popular color.

Also, the trucks often bear the bumper sticker "My other toy has tits."

8:36 PM, May 23, 2007  
Blogger mireille said...

They're scary. And icky. I mean, I've got nothing against scrotum (scrotae?) (remember when Jonna said Teint de Neige reminded her of scrotum/ae? Was it Teint de Neige? Good times.) Anyway, plastic ones as truck decor? Please. I mean, No Thank You. xoxo

9:56 PM, May 23, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Methinks such a driver is going a tad overboard in compensating for his inadequacy.

Or do I presume too much?

10:27 AM, May 25, 2007  
Blogger StyleSpy said...

::knowingly crooks extended little finger::

9:23 AM, May 26, 2007  
Blogger PFG said...

And you didn't even see the air freshener...

coincidentally, the word confirmation for this comment is "airwgmkh", which would be the thought-sound one would make upon seeing a likely air freshener for the described vehicle.

12:48 AM, June 08, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home