Triticum Turgidum

Lying Dormant and Waiting to Bloom Since 2005

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Prairie, Illinois, United States

I am a beauty-loving ambidextrous higher-order primate who learned transcendental meditation at 7, statistical analysis at 23, tap dancing at 30, and piano at 35. I tolerate gluten, lactose, and differences of opinion, but not abuse. Or beets.

Thursday, March 27, 2008

And now for something lighter...

Photos from our trip to Melbourne!

I love Australians, but I can't claim to understand them. Allow me to illustrate:




For all their quirks, I can't help but admire their devotion to shopping, as embodied by this granite changepurse announcing entry to the city's shopping district:



Oddly enough, I didn't buy anything. Well, except a hip blue oxford shirt that looks like a Maoist uniform with puffed sleeves. The Asian influence is big in fashion there.

Oh--and the moon is upside down. Crazy. And--AND!--Maltesers are way better than Whoppers (the candy, not the hamburger).

The first thing Greg did when we got there was flush the toilet to observe the coriolis effect. The man likes his wine.



6 Comments:

Blogger violetnoir said...

Is that you in that photo on the ginormous changepurse, K? Woman, you are finer than ever!

Is the moon really upside down in Australia? Are the signs really that confusing...HUH??? Is it really that much fun? :):)

Thank you for sharing. I am so happy you had a great trip and made it home safely.

Hugs and love!

10:35 AM, March 28, 2008  
Blogger WinterWheat said...

R -- yes, c'est moi. For once my hair was shiny, so I was determined to post a picture, dammit! ;-) (Thank you for the undeserved but much appreciated compliment.)

It felt like visiting America's twin, separated at birth. Almost eerie. And it's true, the moon is really upside down; Aussies see it from the "bottom" up, and it waxes and wanes from left to right there, whereas it's right to left here. *cue Twilight Zone music*

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox
k

10:49 AM, March 28, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If I may comment on something totally unrelated to Australia?

Your hair! YOUR HAIR! When did you get so much of it? It's so beautiful! Seriously, it's so, so pretty. And yes, K: You're smokin' hot.

2:17 PM, March 28, 2008  
Blogger Parisjasmal said...

OH MY GORD! I concur with R and J--you look gorgeous--and the flaxen honey shiny hair!!! The blonde is beautiful..I like it so much better than the "sauteed mushroom" color. You look like a supermodel-NO LIE!

I am so happy you had fun on your trip. We are actually headed down under later this month. D found out he can dive the Great Barrier Reef there in May--so that is where he is going. You must tell me all your highlights and what is good besides Maltesers. Did you eat a meat pie or a vegemite sandwich?
ROFL Greg and his wine!

Hugs!!!

8:25 AM, April 01, 2008  
Blogger Dani said...

Every once in a while the moon appears upside down here, too. Really.

7:02 AM, April 19, 2008  
Blogger D said...

hi,
i live in tasmania and the water goes down the sink in the opposite direction to you guys (which you probably know already, right)but down here it spins even faster than anywhere else on the mainland because we are closer to the south pole. THAT
sint the weirdest thing about living in tasmania, let me tell ya.

anyhoo,
good luck with your fertility treatment. your news, even though I dont know you, makes me sigh: i send hopeful thoughts to you and your family.

d

8:26 AM, May 02, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home