Triticum Turgidum

Lying Dormant and Waiting to Bloom Since 2005

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Prairie, Illinois, United States

I am a beauty-loving ambidextrous higher-order primate who learned transcendental meditation at 7, statistical analysis at 23, tap dancing at 30, and piano at 35. I tolerate gluten, lactose, and differences of opinion, but not abuse. Or beets.

Monday, July 14, 2008

It Didn't Work

Bummer.

I've been on heavy doses of different hormones for 12 weeks straight. For the IUI, I did 2 weeks on Bravelle, then 2 on Prometrium and Ovidrel; then I immediately went into the IVF with 3 weeks on birth control pills, 2 1/2 weeks on Bravelle, Menopur, and Lupron, and 2 1/2 on Prometrium and Ovidrel.

I'm sure the effect of the hormones is reponsible for the scary thoughts and feelings I've been having. It's more than just disappointment over not being able to get pregnant. I'm holding out hope that these thoughts and feelings go away once the hormones are out of my system, without further need for chemical intervention. I miss my old self, and I think Mini-Wheat and Mr. Wheat do too.

12 Comments:

Blogger NowSmellThis said...

I'm so very, very sorry K. Thinking of you & hope you will be back to normal soon.

11:11 AM, July 14, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

(((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))

sorry to hear this

lisa
xxx

11:48 AM, July 14, 2008  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'm so sorry, K. *HUGS*

4:31 AM, July 15, 2008  
Blogger mireille said...

I'm sorry, K. I think you will feel better after the hormones have washed out ... so sorry. xoxo

11:02 AM, July 15, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aw, (((K)))...I'm so sorry.

Sharon

5:39 PM, July 15, 2008  
Blogger Christine said...

So sorry.

Hope you're okay and thinking of you.

9:06 PM, July 15, 2008  
Blogger BarbaraFromCalifornia said...

So sorry to hear, K.

Sending you many virtual hugs and kisses.

9:42 PM, July 15, 2008  
Blogger PFG said...

Oh hell.

I'm sorry. I hope the hormones fade soon so you can feel better. I know first hand from endo hormone treatment (which is very minimal compared to what you've been on) that those things are serious. I nearly punched a medical receptionist while on a particularly high and potent dose. Also on more than one occasion, I had to fight the urge to drive my car into a tree when I was feeling bad, oh like when I was on the way home from a doctor's appointment.

I'm wishing you peaceful, doctor-free days while the hormones ebb.

8:27 AM, July 16, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So sorry K.

Sending you hugs.
I hope you are back to your sparkley self soon.

xo

12:33 PM, July 16, 2008  
Blogger Parisjasmal said...

Sorry K, that anonymous comment was me. I do not know what happened. Dang Blogger!

12:40 PM, July 16, 2008  
Blogger KrashtieC said...

Dang! That really blows and I am so sorry. :-(

The images you post always paint such a story.

This one shows not only the physical "result" but also depicts the emotional distress felt you and even by all of us who so desperately wanted this to work.

We love you! Sending many cyber hugs to you and to Mr. Wheat and Mini Wheat.
love, KC

6:38 AM, July 21, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi,
i just wanted to say how much i enjoy reading your blog. in a world full of spin, it's nice to get some fact-based analysis.
keep up the good work.
Virtual Receptionist

6:50 AM, May 15, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home