Triticum Turgidum

Lying Dormant and Waiting to Bloom Since 2005

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Prairie, Illinois, United States

I am a beauty-loving ambidextrous higher-order primate who learned transcendental meditation at 7, statistical analysis at 23, tap dancing at 30, and piano at 35. I tolerate gluten, lactose, and differences of opinion, but not abuse. Or beets.

Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Transfer

So, those two embryos? They were graded on a scale of 0-4, 4 being perfect and rare, 3 being very good, 2 being average, 1 being poor, and 0 being "is this human?".

The better of my embryos merited a grade of 2, with 7 cells and only a small amount of fragmentation. (Fragmentation happens when the cells in the embryo eject undesirable material.) This embryo is my C Student. S/he has potential, but isn't quite there:

The other one, with only 4 cells and lots of fragmentation, didn't receive a grade. Or maybe it did, but the fertility team made the merciful decision not to tell me. I think of this embryo as my Bad Seed:


They assured me that embryo quality isn't an indicator of genetic normalcy, and that lots of perfect, beautiful children are born from meh embryos, which is why they transferred both. I'm praying that one of them takes, and although I expect it to be the C Student, I'm kind of pulling for the Bad Seed. Doesn't everybody love a rags-to-riches story?


6 Comments:

Blogger mireille said...

thoughts are with you, sweetie. xoxo

6:42 PM, July 01, 2008  
Blogger violetnoir said...

Yes, at least I love a good rags-to-riches story, I'm such a romantic.

Good luck, darling!

Hugs!

10:29 AM, July 02, 2008  
Blogger Unknown said...

Kris, I've been regularly following your progress and wish you all the best! I'm about to go through my first ICSI soon. Thanks for sharing your experience!

3:12 PM, July 02, 2008  
Blogger WinterWheat said...

M -- affection and gratitude toward you, as always. xoxo

R -- thanks doll, you are THE BEST.

I -- OMG, long time no talk! Is this Ina of Aromascope? Sending strong fertility vibes to you, my friend!

4:40 PM, July 02, 2008  
Blogger Unknown said...

Yes, that's me. :) I'm afraid Aromascope has to go into slumber again...

5:50 AM, July 03, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

great news

i'm crossing limbs...

xxx

11:22 AM, July 05, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home