Triticum Turgidum

Lying Dormant and Waiting to Bloom Since 2005

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Prairie, Illinois, United States

I am a beauty-loving ambidextrous higher-order primate who learned transcendental meditation at 7, statistical analysis at 23, tap dancing at 30, and piano at 35. I tolerate gluten, lactose, and differences of opinion, but not abuse. Or beets.

Thursday, June 26, 2008

Sono #5

This is it -- I'll be doing my trigger shot this afternoon for a Saturday retrieval. I've got a grand total of 8 follicles, some bigger than others, so we'll see how many eggs I get.

The nurse explained that I'd be wheeled into the OR for retrieval, and then Mr. Wheat would make his "donation." I said, "Wait a minute -- we have to bring her with us" (indicating Mini-Wheat). The procedure is not occurring locally; we have to drive to a city almost 2 hours away, so the plan all along has been to bring Mini-Wheat and have Mr. Wheat watch her while I'm under.

The nurse goes, "Oh. Hm. That could be a problem." The problem being, who will watch Mini-Wheat while Mr. Wheat proceeds to the back room, donation vial in hand, to groom his poodle?

I can't quite believe they haven't run into this problem before, being a fertility clinic and all, but who knows? The nurse also explained that it's a bit touchy bringing a toddler to a fertility clinic, because the presence of children in the waiting room can be heartbreaking for people who haven't been able to have them. The prospect of this makes me feel like a worm, so now I'm exploring possibilities for leaving Mini-Wheat here with friends Friday night so we can make our trip sans toddler.

We'll figure it out. Whatever happens, it'll be an adventure. At least Mr. Wheat gets an orgasm out of it.

2 Comments:

Blogger violetnoir said...

Isn't it always something, K? But I guess it's best to leave Mini-Wheat at home, darling. :):)

Good luck!

Hugs and love!

11:56 AM, June 26, 2008  
Blogger mireille said...

You make me grin with what Mr. Wheat gets out of it ... I can just hear your resigned tone. BUT be of good cheer ... this could be a Very Good Weekend for All the Wheats! xoxo

5:14 PM, June 26, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home