Triticum Turgidum

Lying Dormant and Waiting to Bloom Since 2005

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Prairie, Illinois, United States

I am a beauty-loving ambidextrous higher-order primate who learned transcendental meditation at 7, statistical analysis at 23, tap dancing at 30, and piano at 35. I tolerate gluten, lactose, and differences of opinion, but not abuse. Or beets.

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

And so the pendulum swings...

...from this (the "Brazilian" jean with the 1" zipper):

...to this:


Friends, I don't even know how to process that picture. What is that, a 16-inch rise? Any higher and it should come with underwire support. Good lord above, you'd be spending the first 5 minutes of your bathroom break just getting the zipper down. And those are some deep pockets. No need to fold your dollar bills.

No wonder I can't find a @$#! pair of jeans that fits.

(If you know where I can buy decent-looking jeans with a 36" inseam and 9" rise, I beg of you, respond.)

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

De-lurking to say something doesn't look right. I will confess, I was happy to see higher waists making a comeback. That photo makes me think I need to reconsider or at the very least, postpone the celebration.

By the way...I still haven't recovered from the "pendulum swing" from the moon cup discussion. It is forever ingrained.

11:08 PM, July 10, 2007  
Blogger PFG said...

Whacky stuff like this is why I tend to prefer men's jeans. I mean, you get to choose cut (which tells you roughly where the rise will be, length, and waist. Why the hell aren't our jeans like this?

Oh and by the way, tag.

11:13 PM, July 10, 2007  
Blogger Urban Chick said...

i'm boycotting jeans

it's the only way

4:25 AM, July 12, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should know that I had a dream that I BOUGHT these jeans last night. The high-waisted ones, that is.

7:20 AM, July 16, 2007  
Blogger baconwrappedfriedchicken said...

Hi K!

Have you seen these?

http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=13650&pid=488587

:)

2:39 AM, July 24, 2007  
Blogger WinterWheat said...

Ange, you're a doll!!

*comes back*

Get this: they don't make them in tall sizes. They make ALL sorts of low-rise jeans with long and x-long inseams, but not the high-rise ones. Go figure. *pouts*

8:22 AM, July 24, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so scared of that second picture. So scared.

11:29 AM, August 16, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home