Triticum Turgidum

Lying Dormant and Waiting to Bloom Since 2005

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Prairie, Illinois, United States

I am a beauty-loving ambidextrous higher-order primate who learned transcendental meditation at 7, statistical analysis at 23, tap dancing at 30, and piano at 35. I tolerate gluten, lactose, and differences of opinion, but not abuse. Or beets.

Friday, August 31, 2007

Drip, drip, drip...

I'm enjoying being a parent more with each passing day. Babies are sweet but toddlers are fun, especially when they begin talking.
Fia completely melted my heart the other day when she pronounced cucumber "cu-bum-ber." That's how she says it now, in her little cracked voice: cubumber. "Fia, would you like some cucumber?" Cubumber, yes peeze. I thought my inner Snow Miser would rule until the first time I heard her say, "I love you Mommy." Who knew it would happen first with cubumber?

8 Comments:

Blogger violetnoir said...

Ooh, so-o-o cute, K!

Don't you want to squeeze every ounce of joy out of those little moments?

Our oldest coined some famous phrases when she was Fia's age. "Circus streets" for surface streets. "Skasketti" for spaghetti. "Docstor" for doctor. "Swishswish" for sandwich. "Cinnamum-mum-mum" for cinnamon, and several more. We still laugh and talk about it to this day, and she just turned 18!

Hugs!

2:37 PM, August 31, 2007  
Blogger WinterWheat said...

Those are darling, R. "Circus streets" -- LOL! (You know she was raised in the city if she was learning terms like "surface streets" as a toddler.) :-)

6:40 PM, August 31, 2007  
Blogger Urban Chick said...

oh i know!

as soon as they enter toddlerhood (and beyond), you look back and wonder how on earth you found them so cute when they were babies

mine aren't technincally toddlers these days but they still pre-schoolers and i love the stuff they come out with

i never want to correct them because so many of their mispronounciations are so adorable ("mummy - i want a cuggle!")


UC

9:28 AM, September 01, 2007  
Blogger Parisjasmal said...

Awwwww. I think my heart melted a little too.

Do I need one K?
Be honest.

This was a beautiful post. I love the art you put with this post

Sweet what Violetnoir posted too.

Have a beautiful day!

12:00 PM, September 01, 2007  
Blogger BarbaraFromCalifornia said...

Very cute, and touching.

I am happy you are enjoying motherhood so much, K. I know you are a wonderful mother.

1:24 PM, September 16, 2007  
Blogger PFG said...

Hey lady,
Where you at these days? I hope you're doing well. I miss your posts.

11:44 AM, September 25, 2007  
Blogger BarbaraFromCalifornia said...

Hi K,

It is so wonderful to hear that motherhood is agreeing with you, and that you are able to enjoy your daughter so much.

She is sweet, and that is a beautiful story.
xoxoxb

6:17 PM, September 29, 2007  
Blogger cjblue said...

Oh yeah. Babies are fine, but kids are way more fun. And when there are two of them (hint, hint) their conversations are fantastic.

We were in the car somewher the other day and a large flatbed tow truck was blocking half the street. Ariela: Move it, Mister, we need to go!

Dvorah, apparently, misheard her sister so responded: There's a car he needs to move, and that's why Mr. "WEENIE" is in our way.

My fave mispronounciation, which I still use to this day with them: jamamas (instead of pajamas)...although come to think of it, that may have come from me to start (jo mamas).

8:15 PM, December 03, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home