Triticum Turgidum

Lying Dormant and Waiting to Bloom Since 2005

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Prairie, Illinois, United States

I am a beauty-loving ambidextrous higher-order primate who learned transcendental meditation at 7, statistical analysis at 23, tap dancing at 30, and piano at 35. I tolerate gluten, lactose, and differences of opinion, but not abuse. Or beets.

Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

It's a banner year for the Wheat household. We found out yesterday that the IVF worked. It freaking WORKED. The RE gave us a 10-15% chance of success, and we snagged the brass ring. What's more, the sonogram showed not one but TWO little sacs, and TWO little heartbeats. Sac 1 is measuring right on target. Sac 2 is lagging about a week behind, so the docs warned us that it could be "resorbed" by my body. We'll know more at the 8-week sono, scheduled for December 10.

I can't begin to tell you how lucky I feel. As I posted months ago, I was originally given a 5% chance of ever having another child from my own eggs. 2008 brought us two unsuccessful IUIs and one unsuccessful IVF. This second IVF was our last attempt. I was looking forward to buying myself a bottle of Johnnie Walker Blue as a consolation prize. Then I got the two blue lines and refused to believe my good fortune until yesterday's 6-week sono proved it. We're not out of the woods yet, obviously, but I'm hopeful, optimistic, and above all, very, VERY thankful. I hope you too find reason for deep, heartfelt thanks this year.

11 Comments:

Blogger Lisa Later said...

just emailed you...and YAY

word veri is sonas - plural of sono?!?!

anyhoo, so pleased for you

:-)

xxx

3:01 PM, November 27, 2008  
Blogger Perfumeshrine said...

Excuse my intrusion (know you from older MUA), but congrats on what seems like a very anticipated event!!

8:49 AM, November 30, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is wonderful news!! I've been keeping my hopes up that things would work out for you. Congrats :)
--Sue

11:54 PM, November 30, 2008  
Blogger violetnoir said...

Praise Him! You deserve nothing but this wonderful news. I am over the moon for you, G and Fia, K!

The best to all of you and much love!

11:15 AM, December 01, 2008  
Blogger KrashtieC said...

Woo-HOO! You go, GIRL! I am SO HAPPY for you guys and so thankful that so far all looks well!

Blessings to you, G and Fia!

Love you bunches,
Krashtie
((XX00XXOO))

1:49 PM, December 02, 2008  
Blogger PFG said...

Wow, good news and good luck!

7:51 PM, December 07, 2008  
Blogger Parisjasmal said...

Prayers, good thoughts, and BIG SMILES for you, G and F.

If you need anything or have any questions ---you know how to find us...well D...I have no answers, but he might.

xo

10:54 AM, December 09, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So very happy for you (((K)))

-Sharon

10:48 AM, December 13, 2008  
Blogger mireille said...

I LOVE this!!! LOVE IT!

xoxo
m

5:33 PM, December 23, 2008  
Anonymous Acaislim said...

Wow, good news and good luck!

5:55 PM, August 31, 2009  
Anonymous Acai said...

Good luck!!

7:35 AM, November 06, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home